turkey and the European Union. Re-thinking the dynamics of Turkish-European Union relations
- ISBN: 9783847406129
- Editorial: Barbara Budrich Verlag
- Fecha de la edición: 2016
- Lugar de la edición: Leverkusen Opladen. Alemania
- Encuadernación: Cartoné
- Medidas: 23 cm
- Nº Pág.: 159
- Idiomas: Inglés
Should Turkey become a part of the European Union? This heated debate has been going on for many years now, always under the assumption that it is the membership candidate alone who needs to adjust to the EU’s influence.
The book’s main argument is precisely that the Turkish accession needs to be analyzed not only by looking at the EU’s impact on Turkish transformation but also from an angle that captures the Turkish role in recasting Europe.
From the Contents:
• A historical Evolution of Turkey’s relations with
the European Union
• Turkey and the Negotiation of European Identity
• Turkey and the Future of Europe