An Emerald business management guide to Keeping books and accounts for small to medium size business
- ISBN: 9781847166456
- Editorial: Emerald Publishing
- Fecha de la edición: 2016
- Lugar de la edición: Bingley. Reino Unido
- Encuadernación: Rústica
- Medidas: 21 cm
- Nº Pág.: 137
- Idiomas: Inglés
Many businesses, usually small, sole traders or small limited companies, often find the task of keeping books and accounts daunting.
The process of keeping accurate records which are acceptable to the Inland Revenue and Customs and Excise, without the use of an accountant can and does often lead to problems.
Click to show contents pageThis guide will prove invaluable for all those in business. The reader should find the process of bookkeeping and preparation of accounts made that much easier.
No prior knowledge of accountancy or bookkeeping in general is assumed and the following key areas are covered in depth:
- The general importance of keeping accounts.
- Systems of recording transactions.
- Types of books to keep.
- Abstracting management information from accounts
- Keeping petty cash records
- Keeping VAT records and dealing with Customs and Excise
- Bank accounts and reconciliation's
- Bookkeeping for partnerships.